Chicago Bears at Seattle Seahawks
Sunday November 18th, 3:15 p.m. central
As the season wears on for the Chicago Bears, it is increasingly difficult to predict how they will perform on any given Sunday. Will they fumble? Will the defense step up or collapse? Add to the normal conundrum the fact that Rex Grossman is getting his first start since he was demoted and I am truly baffled.
Instead of a traditional preview, instead I will give some tips on what the Bears can do to win the game. Coach Smith, are you listening?
1) Stop insisting that the Bears are a running team. If you have no running game, you are not a running team. It would be like me insisting that I am singer when I can’t carry a tune. It does not matter how many times I say it, it will never be true.
2) If you have a 3rd and long, don’t run. (See number 1)
3) Let Rex try for long passes. When he is on, he can nail them, like he did last week. If he can’t, well it won’t be any worse than if they didn’t try.
4) Blitz more. Why? I like to see quarterbacks get sacked.
5) Please win. Pretty please?